Acute laryngitis J04.0
The ICD10 code for the diagnosis "Acute laryngitis" is "J04.0". J04.0 is a VALID/BILLABLE ICD10 code, i.e it is valid for submission for HIPAA-covered transactions.
- J04.0 is a billable/specific ICD-10-CM code that can be used to indicate a diagnosis for reimbursement purposes.
- The 2019 edition of ICD-10-CM J04.0 became effective on October 1, 2018.
- This is the American ICD-10-CM version of J04.0 - other international versions of ICD-10 J04.0 may differ.
- Edematous laryngitis (acute)
- Laryngitis (acute) NOS
- Subglottic laryngitis (acute)
- Suppurative laryngitis (acute)
- Ulcerative laryngitis (acute)
- acute obstructive laryngitis (J05.0)
- chronic laryngitis (J37.0)
Codes: = Billable
J04 Acute laryngitis and tracheitis
- J04.0 Acute laryngitis
Reimbursement claims with a date of service on or after October 1, 2015 require the use of ICD-10-CM codes.