Acute tonsillitis J03
The ICD10 code for the diagnosis "Acute tonsillitis" is "J03". J03 is NOT a 'valid' or 'billable' ICD10 code. Please select a more specific diagnosis below.
- J03 should not be used for reimbursement purposes. Please select a more specific diagnosis below.
- The 2019 edition of ICD-10-CM J03 became effective on October 1, 2018.
- This is the American ICD-10-CM version of J03 - other international versions of ICD-10 J03 may differ.
- acute sore throat (J02.-)
- hypertrophy of tonsils (J35.1)
- peritonsillar abscess (J36)
- sore throat NOS (J02.9)
- streptococcal sore throat (J02.0)
- chronic tonsillitis (J35.0)
Codes: = Billable
- J03 Acute tonsillitis
Reimbursement claims with a date of service on or after October 1, 2015 require the use of ICD-10-CM codes.