Acute pharyngitis, unspecified J02.9
- J02.9 is a billable/specific ICD-10-CM code that can be used to indicate a diagnosis for reimbursement purposes.
- The 2019 edition of ICD-10-CM J02.9 became effective on October 1, 2018.
- This is the American ICD-10-CM version of J02.9 - other international versions of ICD-10 J02.9 may differ.
- Gangrenous pharyngitis (acute)
- Infective pharyngitis (acute) NOS
- Pharyngitis (acute) NOS
- Sore throat (acute) NOS
- Suppurative pharyngitis (acute)
- Ulcerative pharyngitis (acute)
Codes: = Billable
J02 Acute pharyngitis
- J02.9 Acute pharyngitis, unspecified
Reimbursement claims with a date of service on or after October 1, 2015 require the use of ICD-10-CM codes.