Acute pharyngitis J02
The ICD10 code for the diagnosis "Acute pharyngitis" is "J02". J02 is NOT a 'valid' or 'billable' ICD10 code. Please select a more specific diagnosis below.
- J02 should not be used for reimbursement purposes. Please select a more specific diagnosis below.
- The 2019 edition of ICD-10-CM J02 became effective on October 1, 2018.
- This is the American ICD-10-CM version of J02 - other international versions of ICD-10 J02 may differ.
- acute laryngopharyngitis (J06.0)
- peritonsillar abscess (J36)
- pharyngeal abscess (J39.1)
- retropharyngeal abscess (J39.0)
- chronic pharyngitis (J31.2)
- acute sore throat
Codes: = Billable
- J02 Acute pharyngitis
Reimbursement claims with a date of service on or after October 1, 2015 require the use of ICD-10-CM codes.