Gangrene, not elsewhere classified I96
- I96 is a billable/specific ICD-10-CM code that can be used to indicate a diagnosis for reimbursement purposes.
- The 2019 edition of ICD-10-CM I96 became effective on October 1, 2018.
- This is the American ICD-10-CM version of I96 - other international versions of ICD-10 I96 may differ.
- Gangrenous cellulitis
- gangrene in atherosclerosis of native arteries of the extremities (I70.26)
- gangrene in hernia (K40.1, K40.4, K41.1, K41.4, K42.1, K43.1-, K44.1, K45.1, K46.1)
- gangrene in other peripheral vascular diseases (I73.-)
- gangrene of certain specified sites - see Alphabetical Index
- gas gangrene (A48.0)
- pyoderma gangrenosum (L88)
- gangrene in diabetes mellitus (E08-E13 with .52)
Codes: = Billable
I96 Gangrene, not elsewhere classified
Reimbursement claims with a date of service on or after October 1, 2015 require the use of ICD-10-CM codes.