Rupture of papillary muscle, not elsewhere classified I51.2
The ICD10 code for the diagnosis "Rupture of papillary muscle, not elsewhere classified" is "I51.2". I51.2 is a VALID/BILLABLE ICD10 code, i.e it is valid for submission for HIPAA-covered transactions.
- I51.2 is a billable/specific ICD-10-CM code that can be used to indicate a diagnosis for reimbursement purposes.
- The 2019 edition of ICD-10-CM I51.2 became effective on October 1, 2018.
- This is the American ICD-10-CM version of I51.2 - other international versions of ICD-10 I51.2 may differ.
- rupture of papillary muscle as current complication following acute myocardial infarction (I23.5)
Codes: = Billable
I51 Complications and ill-defined descriptions of heart disease
- I51.2 Rupture of papillary muscle, not elsewhere classified
Reimbursement claims with a date of service on or after October 1, 2015 require the use of ICD-10-CM codes.