Heart failure I50
The ICD10 code for the diagnosis "Heart failure" is "I50". I50 is NOT a 'valid' or 'billable' ICD10 code. Please select a more specific diagnosis below.
- I50 should not be used for reimbursement purposes. Please select a more specific diagnosis below.
- The 2019 edition of ICD-10-CM I50 became effective on October 1, 2018.
- This is the American ICD-10-CM version of I50 - other international versions of ICD-10 I50 may differ.
- heart failure complicating abortion or ectopic or molar pregnancy (O00-O07, O08.8)
- heart failure due to hypertension (I11.0)
- heart failure due to hypertension with chronic kidney disease (I13.-)
- heart failure following surgery (I97.13-)
- obstetric surgery and procedures (O75.4)
- rheumatic heart failure (I09.81)
- neonatal cardiac failure (P29.0)
- cardiac arrest (I46.-)
Codes: = Billable
- I50 Heart failure
Reimbursement claims with a date of service on or after October 1, 2015 require the use of ICD-10-CM codes.