The ICD10 code for the diagnosis "Cardiomyopathy" is "I42". I42 is NOT a 'valid' or 'billable' ICD10 code. Please select a more specific diagnosis below.
- I42 should not be used for reimbursement purposes. Please select a more specific diagnosis below.
- The 2019 edition of ICD-10-CM I42 became effective on October 1, 2018.
- This is the American ICD-10-CM version of I42 - other international versions of ICD-10 I42 may differ.
- pre-existing cardiomyopathy complicating pregnancy and puerperium (O99.4)
Codes: = Billable
- I42.0 Dilated cardiomyopathy
- I42.1 Obstructive hypertrophic cardiomyopathy
- I42.2 Other hypertrophic cardiomyopathy
- I42.3 Endomyocardial (eosinophilic) disease
- I42.4 Endocardial fibroelastosis
- I42.5 Other restrictive cardiomyopathy
- I42.6 Alcoholic cardiomyopathy
- I42.7 Cardiomyopathy due to drug and external agent
- I42.8 Other cardiomyopathies
- I42.9 Cardiomyopathy, unspecified
Reimbursement claims with a date of service on or after October 1, 2015 require the use of ICD-10-CM codes.