Myocarditis in diseases classified elsewhere I41
The ICD10 code for the diagnosis "Myocarditis in diseases classified elsewhere" is "I41". I41 is a VALID/BILLABLE ICD10 code, i.e it is valid for submission for HIPAA-covered transactions.
- I41 is a billable/specific ICD-10-CM code that can be used to indicate a diagnosis for reimbursement purposes.
- The 2019 edition of ICD-10-CM I41 became effective on October 1, 2018.
- This is the American ICD-10-CM version of I41 - other international versions of ICD-10 I41 may differ.
Code First: Type 1 Excludes:
- myocarditis (in):
- Chagas' disease (chronic) (B57.2)
- acute (B57.0)
- coxsackie (virus) infection (B33.22)
- diphtheritic (A36.81)
- gonococcal (A54.83)
- influenzal (J09.X9, J10.82, J11.82)
- meningococcal (A39.52)
- mumps (B26.82)
- rheumatoid arthritis (M05.31)
- sarcoid (D86.85)
- syphilis (A52.06)
- toxoplasmosis (B58.81)
- tuberculous (A18.84)
Codes: = Billable
I41 Myocarditis in diseases classified elsewhere
Reimbursement claims with a date of service on or after October 1, 2015 require the use of ICD-10-CM codes.