Nonrheumatic mitral valve disorders I34
- I34 should not be used for reimbursement purposes. Please select a more specific diagnosis below.
- The 2019 edition of ICD-10-CM I34 became effective on October 1, 2018.
- This is the American ICD-10-CM version of I34 - other international versions of ICD-10 I34 may differ.
Type 1 Excludes:
- mitral valve disease (I05.9)
- mitral valve failure (I05.8)
- mitral valve stenosis (I05.0)
- mitral valve disorder of unspecified cause with diseases of aortic and/or tricuspid valve(s) (I08.-)
- mitral valve disorder of unspecified cause with mitral stenosis or obstruction (I05.0)
- mitral valve disorder specified as congenital (Q23.2, Q23.9)
- mitral valve disorder specified as rheumatic (I05.-)
Codes: = Billable
- I34 Nonrheumatic mitral valve disorders
Reimbursement claims with a date of service on or after October 1, 2015 require the use of ICD-10-CM codes.