Pulmonary embolism I26
- I26 should not be used for reimbursement purposes. Please select a more specific diagnosis below.
- The 2019 edition of ICD-10-CM I26 became effective on October 1, 2018.
- This is the American ICD-10-CM version of I26 - other international versions of ICD-10 I26 may differ.
Type 2 Excludes:
- chronic pulmonary embolism (I27.82)
- personal history of pulmonary embolism (Z86.711)
- pulmonary embolism complicating abortion, ectopic or molar pregnancy (O00-O07, O08.2)
- pulmonary embolism complicating pregnancy, childbirth and the puerperium (O88.-)
- pulmonary embolism due to trauma (T79.0, T79.1)
- pulmonary embolism due to complications of surgical and medical care (T80.0, T81.7-, T82.8-)
- septic (non-pulmonary) arterial embolism (I76)
- pulmonary (acute) (artery)(vein) infarction
- pulmonary (acute) (artery)(vein) thromboembolism
- pulmonary (acute) (artery)(vein) thrombosis
Codes: = Billable
- I26 Pulmonary embolism
Reimbursement claims with a date of service on or after October 1, 2015 require the use of ICD-10-CM codes.