Essential (primary) hypertension I10
The ICD10 code for the diagnosis "Essential (primary) hypertension" is "I10". I10 is a VALID/BILLABLE ICD10 code, i.e it is valid for submission for HIPAA-covered transactions.
- I10 is a billable/specific ICD-10-CM code that can be used to indicate a diagnosis for reimbursement purposes.
- The 2019 edition of ICD-10-CM I10 became effective on October 1, 2018.
- This is the American ICD-10-CM version of I10 - other international versions of ICD-10 I10 may differ.
- essential (primary) hypertension involving vessels of brain (I60-I69)
- essential (primary) hypertension involving vessels of eye (H35.0-)
- high blood pressure
- hypertension (arterial) (benign) (essential) (malignant) (primary) (systemic)
Codes: = Billable
I10 Essential (primary) hypertension
Reimbursement claims with a date of service on or after October 1, 2015 require the use of ICD-10-CM codes.