Rheumatic heart disease, unspecified I09.9
The ICD10 code for the diagnosis "Rheumatic heart disease, unspecified" is "I09.9". I09.9 is a VALID/BILLABLE ICD10 code, i.e it is valid for submission for HIPAA-covered transactions.
- I09.9 is a billable/specific ICD-10-CM code that can be used to indicate a diagnosis for reimbursement purposes.
- The 2019 edition of ICD-10-CM I09.9 became effective on October 1, 2018.
- This is the American ICD-10-CM version of I09.9 - other international versions of ICD-10 I09.9 may differ.
- Rheumatic carditis
- rheumatoid carditis (M05.31)
Codes: = Billable
I09 Other rheumatic heart diseases
- I09.9 Rheumatic heart disease, unspecified
Reimbursement claims with a date of service on or after October 1, 2015 require the use of ICD-10-CM codes.