Blindness and low vision H54
The ICD10 code for the diagnosis "Blindness and low vision" is "H54". H54 is NOT a 'valid' or 'billable' ICD10 code. Please select a more specific diagnosis below.
- H54 should not be used for reimbursement purposes. Please select a more specific diagnosis below.
- The 2019 edition of ICD-10-CM H54 became effective on October 1, 2018.
- This is the American ICD-10-CM version of H54 - other international versions of ICD-10 H54 may differ.
- For definition of visual impairment categories see table below
- any associated underlying cause of the blindness
- amaurosis fugax (G45.3)
Codes: = Billable
H54 Blindness and low vision
- H54.0 Blindness, both eyes
- H54.1 Blindness, one eye, low vision other eye
- H54.2 Low vision, both eyes
- H54.3 Unqualified visual loss, both eyes
- H54.4 Blindness, one eye
- H54.5 Low vision, one eye
- H54.6 Unqualified visual loss, one eye
- H54.7 Unspecified visual loss
- H54.8 Legal blindness, as defined in USA
Reimbursement claims with a date of service on or after October 1, 2015 require the use of ICD-10-CM codes.