Pain, not elsewhere classified G89
The ICD10 code for the diagnosis "Pain, not elsewhere classified" is "G89". G89 is NOT a 'valid' or 'billable' ICD10 code. Please select a more specific diagnosis below.
- G89 should not be used for reimbursement purposes. Please select a more specific diagnosis below.
- The 2019 edition of ICD-10-CM G89 became effective on October 1, 2018.
- This is the American ICD-10-CM version of G89 - other international versions of ICD-10 G89 may differ.
- related psychological factors associated with pain (F45.42)
- generalized pain NOS (R52)
- pain disorders exclusively related to psychological factors (F45.41)
- pain NOS (R52)
- atypical face pain (G50.1)
- headache syndromes (G44.-)
- localized pain, unspecified type - code to pain by site, such as:
- abdomen pain (R10.-)
- back pain (M54.9)
- breast pain (N64.4)
- chest pain (R07.1-R07.9)
- ear pain (H92.0-)
- eye pain (H57.1)
- headache (R51)
- joint pain (M25.5-)
- limb pain (M79.6-)
- lumbar region pain (M54.5)
- painful urination (R30.9)
- pelvic and perineal pain (R10.2)
- shoulder pain (M25.51-)
- spine pain (M54.-)
- throat pain (R07.0)
- tongue pain (K14.6)
- tooth pain (K08.8)
- renal colic (N23)
- migraines (G43.-)
- myalgia (M79.1-)
- pain from prosthetic devices, implants, and grafts (T82.84, T83.84, T84.84, T85.84-)
- phantom limb syndrome with pain (G54.6)
- vulvar vestibulitis (N94.810)
- vulvodynia (N94.81-)
Codes: = Billable
- G89 Pain, not elsewhere classified
Reimbursement claims with a date of service on or after October 1, 2015 require the use of ICD-10-CM codes.