Hemiplegia and hemiparesis G81
The ICD10 code for the diagnosis "Hemiplegia and hemiparesis" is "G81". G81 is NOT a 'valid' or 'billable' ICD10 code. Please select a more specific diagnosis below.
- G81 should not be used for reimbursement purposes. Please select a more specific diagnosis below.
- The 2019 edition of ICD-10-CM G81 became effective on October 1, 2018.
- This is the American ICD-10-CM version of G81 - other international versions of ICD-10 G81 may differ.
- This category is to be used only when hemiplegia (complete)(incomplete) is reported without further specification, or is stated to be old or longstanding but of unspecified cause. The category is also for use in multiple coding to identify these types of hemiplegia resulting from any cause.
Codes: = Billable
- G81 Hemiplegia and hemiparesis
Reimbursement claims with a date of service on or after October 1, 2015 require the use of ICD-10-CM codes.