- G43 should not be used for reimbursement purposes. Please select a more specific diagnosis below.
- The 2019 edition of ICD-10-CM G43 became effective on October 1, 2018.
- This is the American ICD-10-CM version of G43 - other international versions of ICD-10 G43 may differ.
- the following terms are to be considered equivalent to intractable: pharmacoresistant (pharmacologically resistant), treatment resistant, refractory (medically) and poorly controlled
- code for adverse effect, if applicable, to identify drug (T36-T50 with fifth or sixth character 5)
- headache syndromes (G44.-)
Codes: = Billable
- G43.0 Migraine without aura
- G43.1 Migraine with aura
- G43.4 Hemiplegic migraine
- G43.5 Persistent migraine aura without cerebral infarction
- G43.6 Persistent migraine aura with cerebral infarction
- G43.7 Chronic migraine without aura
- G43.A Cyclical vomiting
- G43.B Ophthalmoplegic migraine
- G43.C Periodic headache syndromes in child or adult
- G43.D Abdominal migraine
- G43.8 Other migraine
- G43.9 Migraine, unspecified
Reimbursement claims with a date of service on or after October 1, 2015 require the use of ICD-10-CM codes.