Encephalitis, myelitis and encephalomyelitis G04
The ICD10 code for the diagnosis "Encephalitis, myelitis and encephalomyelitis" is "G04". G04 is NOT a 'valid' or 'billable' ICD10 code. Please select a more specific diagnosis below.
- G04 should not be used for reimbursement purposes. Please select a more specific diagnosis below.
- The 2019 edition of ICD-10-CM G04 became effective on October 1, 2018.
- This is the American ICD-10-CM version of G04 - other international versions of ICD-10 G04 may differ.
- encephalopathy NOS (G93.40)
- acute transverse myelitis (G37.3-)
- alcoholic encephalopathy (G31.2)
- benign myalgic encephalomyelitis (G93.3)
- multiple sclerosis (G35)
- subacute necrotizing myelitis (G37.4)
- toxic encephalitis (G92)
- toxic encephalopathy (G92)
- acute ascending myelitis
Codes: = Billable
G04 Encephalitis, myelitis and encephalomyelitis
- G04.0 Acute disseminated encephalitis and encephalomyelitis (ADEM)
- G04.1 Tropical spastic paraplegia
- G04.2 Bacterial meningoencephalitis and meningomyelitis, not elsewhere classified
- G04.3 Acute necrotizing hemorrhagic encephalopathy
- G04.8 Other encephalitis, myelitis and encephalomyelitis
- G04.9 Encephalitis, myelitis and encephalomyelitis, unspecified
Reimbursement claims with a date of service on or after October 1, 2015 require the use of ICD-10-CM codes.