Meningitis in other infectious and parasitic diseases classified elsewhere G02
- G02 is a billable/specific ICD-10-CM code that can be used to indicate a diagnosis for reimbursement purposes.
- The 2019 edition of ICD-10-CM G02 became effective on October 1, 2018.
- This is the American ICD-10-CM version of G02 - other international versions of ICD-10 G02 may differ.
Code First: Type 1 Excludes:
- candidal meningitis (B37.5)
- coccidioidomycosis meningitis (B38.4)
- cryptococcal meningitis (B45.1)
- herpesviral [herpes simplex] meningitis (B00.3)
- infectious mononucleosis complicated by meningitis (B27.- with fourth character 2)
- measles complicated by meningitis (B05.1)
- meningoencephalitis and meningomyelitis in other infectious and parasitic diseases classified elsewhere (G05)
- mumps meningitis (B26.1)
- rubella meningitis (B06.02)
- varicella [chickenpox] meningitis (B01.0)
- zoster meningitis (B02.1)
Codes: = Billable
G02 Meningitis in other infectious and parasitic diseases classified elsewhere
Reimbursement claims with a date of service on or after October 1, 2015 require the use of ICD-10-CM codes.