Delirium due to known physiological condition F05
The ICD10 code for the diagnosis "Delirium due to known physiological condition" is "F05". F05 is a VALID/BILLABLE ICD10 code, i.e it is valid for submission for HIPAA-covered transactions.
- F05 is a billable/specific ICD-10-CM code that can be used to indicate a diagnosis for reimbursement purposes.
- The 2019 edition of ICD-10-CM F05 became effective on October 1, 2018.
- This is the American ICD-10-CM version of F05 - other international versions of ICD-10 F05 may differ.
- Acute or subacute brain syndrome
- Acute or subacute confusional state (nonalcoholic)
- Acute or subacute infective psychosis
- Acute or subacute organic reaction
- Acute or subacute psycho-organic syndrome
- Delirium of mixed etiology
- Delirium superimposed on dementia
- the underlying physiological condition
- delirium NOS (R41.0)
Codes: = Billable
F05 Delirium due to known physiological condition
Reimbursement claims with a date of service on or after October 1, 2015 require the use of ICD-10-CM codes.