Postprocedural endocrine and metabolic complications and disorders, not elsewhere classified E89
- E89 should not be used for reimbursement purposes. Please select a more specific diagnosis below.
- The 2019 edition of ICD-10-CM E89 became effective on October 1, 2018.
- This is the American ICD-10-CM version of E89 - other international versions of ICD-10 E89 may differ.
Type 2 Excludes:
Codes: = Billable
E89 Postprocedural endocrine and metabolic complications and disorders, not elsewhere classified
- E89.0 Postprocedural hypothyroidism
- E89.1 Postprocedural hypoinsulinemia
- E89.2 Postprocedural hypoparathyroidism
- E89.3 Postprocedural hypopituitarism
- E89.4 Postprocedural ovarian failure
- E89.5 Postprocedural testicular hypofunction
- E89.6 Postprocedural adrenocortical (-medullary) hypofunction
- E89.8 Other postprocedural endocrine and metabolic complications and disorders
Reimbursement claims with a date of service on or after October 1, 2015 require the use of ICD-10-CM codes.