MELAS syndrome E88.41
The ICD10 code for the diagnosis "MELAS syndrome" is "E88.41". E88.41 is a VALID/BILLABLE ICD10 code, i.e it is valid for submission for HIPAA-covered transactions.
- E88.41 is a billable/specific ICD-10-CM code that can be used to indicate a diagnosis for reimbursement purposes.
- The 2019 edition of ICD-10-CM E88.41 became effective on October 1, 2018.
- This is the American ICD-10-CM version of E88.41 - other international versions of ICD-10 E88.41 may differ.
- Mitochondrial myopathy, encephalopathy, lactic acidosis and stroke-like episodes
Codes: = Billable
E88 Other and unspecified metabolic disorders
E88.4 Mitochondrial metabolism disorders
- E88.41 MELAS syndrome
- E88.4 Mitochondrial metabolism disorders
Reimbursement claims with a date of service on or after October 1, 2015 require the use of ICD-10-CM codes.