Unspecified protein-calorie malnutrition E46
The ICD10 code for the diagnosis "Unspecified protein-calorie malnutrition" is "E46". E46 is a VALID/BILLABLE ICD10 code, i.e it is valid for submission for HIPAA-covered transactions.
- E46 is a billable/specific ICD-10-CM code that can be used to indicate a diagnosis for reimbursement purposes.
- The 2019 edition of ICD-10-CM E46 became effective on October 1, 2018.
- This is the American ICD-10-CM version of E46 - other international versions of ICD-10 E46 may differ.
- Malnutrition NOS
- Protein-calorie imbalance NOS
- nutritional deficiency NOS (E63.9)
Codes: = Billable
E46 Unspecified protein-calorie malnutrition
Reimbursement claims with a date of service on or after October 1, 2015 require the use of ICD-10-CM codes.