Marasmic kwashiorkor E42
- E42 is a billable/specific ICD-10-CM code that can be used to indicate a diagnosis for reimbursement purposes.
- The 2019 edition of ICD-10-CM E42 became effective on October 1, 2018.
- This is the American ICD-10-CM version of E42 - other international versions of ICD-10 E42 may differ.
- Intermediate form severe protein-calorie malnutrition
- Severe protein-calorie malnutrition with signs of both kwashiorkor and marasmus
Codes: = Billable
E42 Marasmic kwashiorkor
Reimbursement claims with a date of service on or after October 1, 2015 require the use of ICD-10-CM codes.