- E40 is a billable/specific ICD-10-CM code that can be used to indicate a diagnosis for reimbursement purposes.
- The 2019 edition of ICD-10-CM E40 became effective on October 1, 2018.
- This is the American ICD-10-CM version of E40 - other international versions of ICD-10 E40 may differ.
- Severe malnutrition with nutritional edema with dyspigmentation of skin and hair
- marasmic kwashiorkor (E42)
Codes: = Billable
Reimbursement claims with a date of service on or after October 1, 2015 require the use of ICD-10-CM codes.