Malignant neoplasm of bone and articular cartilage of limbs C40
- C40 should not be used for reimbursement purposes. Please select a more specific diagnosis below.
- The 2019 edition of ICD-10-CM C40 became effective on October 1, 2018.
- This is the American ICD-10-CM version of C40 - other international versions of ICD-10 C40 may differ.
- code to identify major osseous defect, if applicable (M89.7-)
Codes: = Billable
C40 Malignant neoplasm of bone and articular cartilage of limbs
- C40.0 Malignant neoplasm of scapula and long bones of upper limb
- C40.1 Malignant neoplasm of short bones of upper limb
- C40.2 Malignant neoplasm of long bones of lower limb
- C40.3 Malignant neoplasm of short bones of lower limb
- C40.8 Malignant neoplasm of overlapping sites of bone and articular cartilage of limb
- C40.9 Malignant neoplasm of unspecified bones and articular cartilage of limb
Reimbursement claims with a date of service on or after October 1, 2015 require the use of ICD-10-CM codes.