Human immunodeficiency virus [HIV] disease B20
The ICD10 code for the diagnosis "Human immunodeficiency virus [HIV] disease" is "B20". B20 is a VALID/BILLABLE ICD10 code, i.e it is valid for submission for HIPAA-covered transactions.
- B20 is a billable/specific ICD-10-CM code that can be used to indicate a diagnosis for reimbursement purposes.
- The 2019 edition of ICD-10-CM B20 became effective on October 1, 2018.
- This is the American ICD-10-CM version of B20 - other international versions of ICD-10 B20 may differ.
- code(s) to identify all manifestations of HIV infection
- Human immunodeficiency virus [HIV] disease complicating pregnancy, childbirth and the puerperium, if applicable (O98.7-)
- asymptomatic human immunodeficiency virus [HIV] infection status (Z21)
- exposure to HIV virus (Z20.6)
- inconclusive serologic evidence of HIV (R75)
- acquired immune deficiency syndrome [AIDS]
- AIDS-related complex [ARC]
- HIV infection, symptomatic
Codes: = Billable
B20 Human immunodeficiency virus [HIV] disease
Reimbursement claims with a date of service on or after October 1, 2015 require the use of ICD-10-CM codes.