Herpesviral [herpes simplex] infections B00
- B00 should not be used for reimbursement purposes. Please select a more specific diagnosis below.
- The 2019 edition of ICD-10-CM B00 became effective on October 1, 2018.
- This is the American ICD-10-CM version of B00 - other international versions of ICD-10 B00 may differ.
Type 1 Excludes:
- congenital herpesviral infections (P35.2)
Codes: = Billable
B00 Herpesviral [herpes simplex] infections
- B00.0 Eczema herpeticum
- B00.1 Herpesviral vesicular dermatitis
- B00.2 Herpesviral gingivostomatitis and pharyngotonsillitis
- B00.3 Herpesviral meningitis
- B00.4 Herpesviral encephalitis
- B00.5 Herpesviral ocular disease
- B00.7 Disseminated herpesviral disease
- B00.8 Other forms of herpesviral infections
- B00.9 Herpesviral infection, unspecified
Reimbursement claims with a date of service on or after October 1, 2015 require the use of ICD-10-CM codes.