Other viral encephalitis, not elsewhere classified A85
- A85 should not be used for reimbursement purposes. Please select a more specific diagnosis below.
- The 2019 edition of ICD-10-CM A85 became effective on October 1, 2018.
- This is the American ICD-10-CM version of A85 - other international versions of ICD-10 A85 may differ.
Type 1 Excludes:
- benign myalgic encephalomyelitis (G93.3)
- encephalitis due to cytomegalovirus (B25.8)
- encephalitis due to herpesvirus NEC (B10.0-)
- encephalitis due to herpesvirus [herpes simplex] (B00.4)
- encephalitis due to measles virus (B05.0)
- encephalitis due to mumps virus (B26.2)
- encephalitis due to poliomyelitis virus (A80.-)
- encephalitis due to zoster (B02.0)
- lymphocytic choriomeningitis (A87.2)
- specified viral encephalomyelitis NEC
- specified viral meningoencephalitis NEC
Codes: = Billable
- A85 Other viral encephalitis, not elsewhere classified
Reimbursement claims with a date of service on or after October 1, 2015 require the use of ICD-10-CM codes.