Streptococcal sepsis A40
The ICD10 code for the diagnosis "Streptococcal sepsis" is "A40". A40 is NOT a 'valid' or 'billable' ICD10 code. Please select a more specific diagnosis below.
- A40 should not be used for reimbursement purposes. Please select a more specific diagnosis below.
- The 2019 edition of ICD-10-CM A40 became effective on October 1, 2018.
- This is the American ICD-10-CM version of A40 - other international versions of ICD-10 A40 may differ.
- postprocedural streptococcal sepsis (T81.4-)
- streptococcal sepsis during labor (O75.3)
- streptococcal sepsis following abortion or ectopic or molar pregnancy (O03-O07, O08.0)
- streptococcal sepsis following immunization (T88.0)
- streptococcal sepsis following infusion, transfusion or therapeutic injection (T80.2-)
Codes: = Billable
- A40 Streptococcal sepsis
Reimbursement claims with a date of service on or after October 1, 2015 require the use of ICD-10-CM codes.